Tuesday, March 2, 2010

10 Discoveries in 10 Days, Part I

In the last 10(+/-) days, I've made some random (awesome) discoveries.  Listed in no particular order below.

ChurchKey
Great bar with billions of beers on draft. (Yes, billions, or at least that's what it seemed like.)  Although, they were out of a few that we wanted, we still tried some nice ones, and will likely return to try the food.  It's in Logan Circle - a neighborhood we enjoy.  It was, however, a bit crowded and nearly impossible to get a table, so we opted instead for a restaurant down the street for food.  ChurchKey reminded me of Seattle, and I wish there were more places like this in DC.

Berger Cookies
Rick was home sick, and I asked his help with the grocery list.  The only thing he wrote was "cookies".  These are a Baltimore-based confection.  I give you cookies.

The Italian Store in Arlington
While out grocery shopping for OJ & cookies for The Patient, I stopped in this place.  Ridiculous Italian sandwiches (they scoop out the doughy, carbohydrate-y part of the bread and fill it with delicious secret sauce) and lots of other Italian foods (pastas, sauces, wines, cookies). They also sell girl scout cookies here since the owner's daughter is a GS...which is convenient for me since I don't know any girl scouts, but doesn't that defeat the whole purpose of teaching young girls about selling stuff?  Oh well, guess she'll probably be the #1 seller in her troop, but I should also mention there was another group of girls set up out front selling cookies too....now THAT is what I'd call healthy competition.

Phillips Collection
First visit here with the Stolbachs (minus Bang) and we got to cut to the front of the (loooooooong) line with Auntie LuLu - of COURSE we did!  LuLu always knows how to make stuff happen!  Anyway, loved winding around through this gallery in an old mansion.  They have concerts on Sundays (that are free for members) and right now there is a Georgia O'Keefe exhibit (which explains aforementioned line of peops).  Can't wait to go back.
 
[ummm, forgot to mention that O'Keefe's work is a little, er, suggestive]

Thanks to Summer is a Verb for posting this, I can now pretend that I'm a model on the Tory Burch runway while I listen to this playlist (just need to find a money tree so I can buy her clothes and stop eating Berger cookies and Italian sammies).  She's got some fun songs, and I particularly like Quick Fix.  Would love to know if you've got any favorite songs I can add to my own workout playlist.


   
Stay tuned for part II...

1 comment:

  1. Fun new finds Keens! I so miss exploring and finding out new things about a new city...although, I am still trying to find new things all the time in Columbia, so I guess that counts. (But SF was the best for that!)

    ReplyDelete