Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Reunited....

After 9 days on the road, the Robbins(es) are finally together again, and just in time for Valentine's Day! I loved coming home to tulips, truffles, delicious homemade Beef Stew and especially my dear Valentine. We had a low key night and in classic Robbins style, we didn't actually start dinner until 10:30, which means we didn't eat this yummy dessert until about 11:30. Yay for no work for Rick on Monday!


{Our Valentine's Day Dinner....Mom, please just ignore the mismatched and incorrectly-placed napkins/utensils....}



One of the best parts of being back on the East Coast is being able to take all of these trips without having to spend tons o' cash on plane tickets....it's fun to be a road warrior and to spend some time road tripping. I've been to Richmond, VA for Ellen's baby shower; Clemson/Central, SC for a visit with Rick's Dad and B-Mama; Columbia, SC for some time with my 'rentals; Pawleys Island, SC (for less than 24 hours); then New York, NY to celebrate Ginny's birthday. Lots of celebrating and traveling leaves me wondering how in the world I ever had time for a job?! (I think a quick look at the balance sheet will remind me why I must make time for a job....like, yesterday).

Back in here DC, I truly cannot believe the amount of snow...all over the place. Piled in mounds taller than me. Even though most of the roads are clear, it's crazy to drive in this since you can't really see the other cars when you pull up to an intersection. In the words of my friend Anne (see below), "it's become a lawless society"....people parking, walking, and driving as if they don't have to obey the normal rules. Crazy.

{View from Rick's Office...his home away from home}

{this really doesn't do the snow justice, but still gorg.}


Up this week:
* Tonight - I'm hosting book club at our house, and fixing a big pot of Ina Garten's butternut squash soup. I hope the soup is better than the book we read: Before You Know Kindness by Chris Bohjalian. The book was soooo detailed and descriptive, and I found it painful to read.
* Tomorrow - Second round of interviews with a company I'm really interested in....wish me luck! Follow that up with Wine Club. We'll be discussing Sparkling Whites.
* Weekend: dinner with some friends Saturday and also some good Cally Stolbach cousin time...

Special thanks/kindness to Anne Martin for introducing me to book & wine clubs, and for the company on BoltBus Sunday home from NYC!

2 comments:

  1. I love Unemployed Keens. This is FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Employed Husband is unsure if he approves of Unemployed Wife....but it sure is FUN!

    ReplyDelete