Thursday, April 1, 2010

Stop and smell the roses.

 [my dressertop]

It's no secret to anyone who knows me (even marginally) that I love perfume and things that smell nice.  In fact, when I lived in Spain, I would stop on my walk home from school at Sephora and try a new spritz.  When Sephora moved to my neighborhood in San Francisco, I considered quitting my job to work as a salesperson there (glad I thought that one all the way through).  And in Seattle, I would stop at Nordstrom after the gym for a little pick-me-up at the perfume counter.  It's lame, but I can usually identify the perfume that someone is wearing.

My new favorite is Jo Malone.  I have a minor love for collecting the little samples of all of her fragrances and layering them together.  (The little bottles are perfect for traveling too).  I even gave all of my bridesmaids personally selected Jo perfumes. 

Just this past weekend, I picked up a sample of her Red Roses perfume at Nordstrom.  Well, imagine my excitement to read on the Signature Scent blog that this perfume is actually said to make you slimmer.....!@!O#*)%*#%)  YES, PLEASE!!


I think I need to add this one to my perfume queue.  Maybe one will show up in my Easter basket?

Kindness to MOH Ginny Rothschild for the lovely bar tray that I couldn't resist using for my perfume collection.

2 comments:

  1. Love it--I'll have to try that scent too! I very rarely find a scent that I like on me, so when I find one I stick with it for quite a while. In high school it was Sun, Moon, Stars...by some god-awful cheap company, but I still like the smell of it. About 5 years ago I discovered By (men's) by Dolce & Gabbana and I LOVE it. Of course, they stopped making it over a year or so ago, so last year when I need more my hubs had to scour EBAY and pay way too much for a bottle....I use it very sparingly these days :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. K-

    funny, the only perfume Carla wears anymore is Jo Malone....I think it might have been a limited fragrance (comes in a black bottle)....so so nice

    ReplyDelete