Friday, July 23, 2010

Up in the air and on the move.

[image via here]

I can't believe it, but I am writing wrote this while onboard Alaska Airlines Flight 1, Seat 9A.  Yes, wifi onboard my plane just really makes me ill.....i like my peace and quiet.  Oh well, this world is moving fast and we all better keep up.

Jen Scales and I were just g-chatting (yes, me at 10,000 feet, Jen in her bed, Carrie-Bradshaw style....we even broke into a video chat briefly, which was just too weird on a plane....)  ANNNND, we were sharing ideas for good songs for running.  So I scrolled through my iPod and found my current DC workout mix, and thought I'd share some of my new tracks and old stand-bys here.  Would love to hear what gets you moving too!

wavin flag - k'naan
bizarre love triangle - new order
kids - mgmt
african herbsman - bob marley (king kooba remix) - random, but I really love this song....puts me in a good mood when riding the sweaty metro.....
home - edward and the magnetic zeros
shut up and let me go - the ting tings
lazy eye - silversun pickups (a fave)
horchata - vampire weekend
imma be - black eyed peas
diva - beyonce (karmatronic club remix)
i'm good, I'm gone - lykke li
sunshowers - MIA
paper planes - MIA
hello bonjour - michael franti
quick fix - vv brown
heart it races - architecture in helsinki - LOVE this one....
wilco (the song) - wilco
a-punk - vampire weekend
american boy - estelle
womanizer - britney spears (yes, it's true...)
circus - also b spears
1901 - Phoenix
hot n cold - katy perry
say hey (i love you) - michael franti
single ladies - beyonce (every good mix ever should have this song on it...)
young foks - peter bjorn & john
the well and the lighthouse - arcade fire
fans - Kings of Leon (I think this one is the most listened to song in my iTunes)
black thumbnail - kings of leon
skin of my yellow country teeth - clap your hands say yeah
don't stop till you get enough - Michael Jackson
ya viene el sol - ozomatli (reminds me of running along crissy field)
hope - shaggy (reminds me of college and running on the chessie trail)
e-pro - beck
hey ya - outkast (don't forget about this one)
new york, new york - ryan adams (good NYC marathon inspiration!!)
just like heaven - the cure (a TNT coach recommended this song WAY back when and I loved running in SF to this one)
baba o'riley - the who
american girl - tom petty


[image via here]

No comments:

Post a Comment